Monday, October 6, 2014

Seatwork Assignments


Dear Mustang Parents,

 I just wanted to inform you a little bit about my grading policy.  I am sure you are seeing different worksheets with a star, smiley face, or a check mark.  Each symbol means something different.  I wanted to share with you how I grade seatwork assignments. 

These are an opportunity to practice new skills, and are often teacher-guided. This week I just checked that they did the work but next week I will rate their work.  A “star” on your child’s paper means he/she understood the concept(s) and was able to work independently after practicing the skill in a large or small group setting. A “smiley face” indicates your child needed some one-on-one support, but seems to grasp the concept fairly well. A “check” means that your child needed one-on-one support with most of the assignment. Please review assignments with smiley faces and/or checks and practice the skill(s) at home. Students will receive extra help at school with these concepts as well. When an assignment has a star, smiley face, or check on it this means it will not count toward your child’s academic grade on his/her report card.

 
If you have any questions please let me know.

 
Thank you for your continued support,

Erin Devlin

No comments:

Post a Comment